If you’re interested in working for Mercedes Shepherd, whether it’s animating, graphic design, writing or even if you’d like to pitch your project ideas, feel free to contact me. Fill out the form and leave a link to your portfolio.
I would really like to hire you based on YOUR strengths, passions, hearing how you feel, what you have to say and examining your portfolio.
The DANCE CUBE is looking for animators. Apply on https://www.thedancecube.com/join-the-cube
Okay maybe NOT actual questions but certainly answers to frequent questions... More like "frequently ANSWERED questions"
1. You must use AUTODESK MAYA 3D ANIMATION SOFTWARE for all animations. When sending me work for consideration, send the playblast video file AND the Maya file so that I can see ALL around your animation. For example, I won't purchase it if I can't tell if you animated the Dance Cube exercise moves properly.
2. Animations are bought on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE ting. I will only accept ONE kind of animation cycle. So if I ask for a kickboxing jab animation cycle, YOU BETTER WORK ON IT FAST BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE BEATS YA (Exceptions may include just choosing the BEST animation I receive....)
3. You will be PAID PER ANIMATION. No hourly salary or whatever. I'm not a bank yet lol. The minimum pay is $100 per animation cycle.
4. Payment is made through E-TRANSFER or PayPal only. You must set at least one of those up or no monehhhh for youuuuuu *sing-song voice*
5. Model/Rig should be ALLOWED for COMMERCIAL USE. I WILL PROVIDE a commercial model/rig for you to use - just email me at email@example.com to receive it! If you choose not to use the model/rig I provide, you MUST let me know the licensing of the model/rig you're using. Otherwise, it's simply preferable if you use YOUR OWN created model/rig.
6. If your prefer to sign an NDA or confidentiality agreement, we can certainly set one up! Makes sense to me! Just let me know beforehand.
7. You are required to purchase YOUR OWN Autodesk Maya license, computer and other equipment. It's simply the expectation since you're working from home. We ain't got no company license yet lol (l literally pay for my own subscriptions for work I do for others. Totally feels like the expectation here.)
8. If you'd like to keep animating for Mercedes, you're certainly free to do so! As long as you keep sending me animation cycles, you will be compensated. (I mean, if you think about it...if you send me 10 animation cycles, that's literally a minimum of $1,000 for you! Please don't keep doing that to me though...seriously. In fact, DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME. I will just pay you for your best animations please and thank you)
9. And finally: Stop having high expectations right now. Right now, this is a baby job. It is NOT reliable but it is SOMETHING and that's always better than nothing. The goal is simply for animators and artists-alike to FINALLY have a chance to be compensated for their work, because we deserve to be paid like everyone else and jobs in this industry are difficult for many people to EVEN GET. The company is certainly bound to grow because Mercedes Shepherd owns multiple projects and is an idea machine, but you can't expect that growth to happen overnight. Be grateful and appreciate the compensation, no matter how small. Mercedes loves you.
Now get animating and earn the money you deserve! Don't rush it, do your research, reference your animations (especially for exercises) and have fun.